Friday, October 18, 2013

Gov. Shutdown and Debt Limit

Well, we finally got our government to open again and the debt limit was again postponed.  I'm glad both parties (dem and rep) got to some agreement otherwise, we would have gone in to some big dodo.  I mean real crap! (housing loosing equities, countries dropping their debts, lots of lay off, i mean frigging chaos, etc).  Anyway, the debt limit was moved for sometime in January i think.  It may be another time to watch out for your investments.  I would not buy a house at this times.  I'm starting to guess what the next bubble will be to initiate the next coming crash of the US markets.  Is it the tapering of the Fed by stopping money printing?  Will it be the crash of Europe (they are kinda shaky; much better but still shaky).  Or will it be the default of US debt in January or at the next postpone date if they do postpone again in say.... March/April?  All right, i don't want to feel like a doomster here.

On the other hand, my 401k is rocking and over 20% now as of today.  I'm getting close to my target of 24% by the end of year.  I bought some longs at the lows of first week of October before the whole government drama.  Google rocked the house today and profited 14% in one day!  The shares topped $1000 per share and i'm reading in the trading community that they may get even higher!  I'll see if i can buy me some GOOG at the next dip.

Laters

Don't forget to subscribe!

My trading strategy and gains:

401k = 20.3% up YTD (90% invested on large caps).  Projection by end of year is 24%
Brokerage = 16% up YTD (5% invested on double long ETFs)  Projection by end of year is 28%


-- This is Market Analysis, not a recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment