Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bit coins break through $1000

I was so close to get in it when it was $400 but got busy and didn't do it because you had to create an account, then verify your checking account, then transfer money from my broker, then get confirmation from CoinBase.  I got lazy and now I missed it : (.  There are still some traders talking about this trade that it will run higher.  But, i won't get on this train this time.  This one is an example of a perfect bubble ready to pop.

Here is the post from CNN:  http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/27/investing/bitcoin-1000/index.html?iid=Lead

Talking about trades, i'm starting to short the main US indices: S&P, DOW and possibly Japan Nikkei.  When i say short, i mean to invest and bet that the indices will drop.  In return, my investment grows.  The investment strategy is called "shorting".  As traders/investors begin to feel a top is near, they buy these short ETFs and funds in the ETF grow.  I'm only testing it to see if the top is in.  I'm buying a little and placing a stop loss at this weeks high on the S&P.  If the US markets break higher, then i sell at a small loss and repeat the test again as i think the medium term top is near.

My BOIL (Natural Gas double ETF) shares are doing fine.  I was able to catch the bottom and it is going up.  But, have to keep an eye as it is not going higher for long.  Natural gas is in a long term depreciation of price.  There is too much gas in the US.  High supply = lower price.  So, what i'm catching right now is a reaction of too much selling with lower prices and some buyers jumping in and bringing prices up for some time until the selling continues.

Laters


My trading strategy and gains:

401k = 20.4% up YTD (0% invested - waiting for drop to past).  Projection by end of year is 24%
Brokerage = 14.8% up YTD (5% invested on S&P double short ETFs and Natural Gas double long ETF) Projection by end of year is 28%

No comments:

Post a Comment